Here’s a few things I didn’t know about Germany before I moved here:
1. It gets really hot in the summer
2. You actually don’t see people naked in the parks
3. Nutella rules
4. Not everyone likes sausage
5. Turkish food is delicious
6. They love to have long breakfasts at weekends
There’s other things but I’ve decided to focus only on the positives 😉
Meanwhile, I have also embraced some of the local love of Nutella and have baked a few delicious treats with this divine spread. I have found the recipes in some American sites, since it seems, Americans are as fascinated with Nutella as the Germans.
Here’s a recipe I got from the site Ambitious Kitchen. Is dead easy and very popular!
Serves: 12-14 cookies
- 1 cup nutella
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour + 1 tablespoon
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients besides salt in a large bowl with electric mixer until well combined. Place dough in freezer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes roll dough into approximately 1-inch balls, place on ungreased baking sheet at least two inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes until cookies are set, then very carefully transfer to a wire rack. Generously sprinkle with sea salt.
Another popular Nutella recipe I’ve tried is: Nutella Brownie Cheescake Bites, from US Masala blog.
If you decide to try it, let me know what you think about it!